Florent is mentioned several times in the recently published 2022 edition of the Chambers Europe and Legal 500 guide. We are proud of the rankings and very grateful for the great feedback we received from our clients.
Florent’s lawyers are described as “very capable, accurate, friendly and speedy." According to a client "Florent has a 'business first' approach," and appreciates that "efforts are being made to make a solution possible that makes commercial sense."
The following practice areas and lawyers are listed:
CHAMBERS EUROPE 2022
Corporate/M&A: Mid-Market (band 4)
- Matthijs Brons
- "has the capacity to make things simple, without losing his eye for detail"
- Pieter van den Brink
- "very knowledgeable, sympathetic person to work with who is able to make an assessment to where the room for negotiation is in a transaction"
- Pieter van Uchelen
- "combines technical knowledge and skills with customer knowledge and a practical approach"
Dispute Resolution (band 4)
- Chris Jager
- "combines legal expertise with excellent tactical and strategic advice"
- Yvette Borrius
- "strategic and pragmatic, engaged, hands-on, solution-oriented, available and a pleasure to work with"
Restructuring/Insolvency (band 3)
- Hanneke De Coninck – Smolders
- "she is very well informed and has good communication skills"
- Kees van de Meent
- "perfect combination of a holistic view and a hands-on approach"
LEGAL 500 2022
Restructuring/Insolvency (tier 2)
- Hanneke De Coninck (leading individual & practice head)
- Kees van de Meent (practice head)
- Florent is ‘very capable of handling complex bankruptcies’ and acts for companies, financial institutions and creditors in financial distress. It often handles cases with cross-border aspects and its team members are frequently appointed as administrators and bankruptcy trustees. The practice is headed up by Hanneke De Coninck and Kees van de Meent ; they are described by clients as ‘a pleasure to work with’ and De Coninck is recommended for trustee work and liquidations.
Fraud & White-collar crime (tier 3)
- Kees van de Meent (practice head)
- Jurgen van den Heuvel (other key lawyer)
- Florent stands out for its focus on civil fraud and assetrecovery, and its focus on representing the victims of fraud and white-collar crime. The ‘top-notch, creative and commercial’ team has considerable experience in cross-border asset recovery, fraud litigation, and financial fraud investigations work, and also handles the prosecution of civil fraud cases. The team is headed by insolvency law and international asset recovery specialist Kees Van Der Meent.
Dispute Resolution (tier 4)
- Yvette Borrius; Chris Jager (practice heads)
- Emille Buziau (other key lawyer)
- Florent’s commercial litigation team ‘combines a high level of knowledge and legal skills with a great dedication to the client’. Housing a number of experienced litigators, the team acts for both claimants and defendants on high-profile cases in the finance, public and industrial sectors. Practice co-head Yvette Borriusspecialises in liability, corporate governance and corporate litigation; while Chris Jager, who jointly leads the team, is recommended for cross-border litigation and arbitration.
Commercial, Corporate & M&A (tier 5)
- Pieter van den Brink; Matthijs Brons; Pieter van Uchelen (practice heads)
- Katharina Bottenberg; Jean-Pierre van Leeuwe (other key lawyers)
- Corporate law boutique Florent is a popular choice for clients from the food and beverage, infrastructure, media and entertainment and technology sectors. Pieter van den Brink , Matthijs Brons and Pieter Van Uchelen jointly lead the practice which handles mid-market M&A, joint venture, commercial contract, corporate governance and reorganisation matters, in addition to related disputes.
Click here for the rankings of Florent in the 2022 edition of Chambers Europe
Click here for the rankings of Florent in the 2022 edition of the Legal 500 guide